Thursday 5 February 2009

GreyBox popup window with C# ASP.NET DataBound GridView application

GreyBox is a nice free animated popup window: http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox/

In order to get it to work dynamically with a databound GridView in ASP.NET in C# I had to make the following change in the .aspx page:

in the part of the gridview definition, added another template field:

and of course include the greybox folder in the website, and the correct entries in the header section. I hope this helps someone, it took me some time to figure out.

1 comment:

Vincent Vacations said...

YESSSSS!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I'm trying to do the exact same thing and your code works perfectly!

Another thing I'm trying to figure out, I have an iframe greybox panel. After the user hits a asp:button on the page some code will be run server side and then when the server side code finishes the greybox will automatically close.